Make sure to save and keep this recipe in a safe place, because these Air Fryer Red Potatoes are the perfect side dish for any of your fun meals to come. We call it a S.E.T. recipe because it is Simple, Easy, and Tasty. Let me explain.
This post may contain affiliate links, please read the disclaimer policy.
Five (5) reasons I love this air fryer red potatoes recipe
- The air fryer roasts the red potatoes much faster than the oven.
- No need to wait for the oven to warm up.
- All you need to do is cut, season, and air fry.
- The air fryer’s swirling air makes crispy potatoes without drying them.
- They’re not just for dinner. The air fryer makes yummy crispy potatoes that are great to serve at breakfast too.
What you should know about this recipe
These roasted potatoes are absolutely delicious, but you should know a few things before we keep going. When you think about a family favorite go-to recipe, these roasted red potatoes are on top of the list. The main reason is we keep it simple. Over time we all started calling these recipes “S.E.T. recipes”, which stands for Simple, Easy, Tasty.
- Simple: When it comes to side dishes, the simpler the better. These air fryer red potatoes need just a few ingredients and basic knife skills. Anyone can make this recipe.
- Easy: This recipe has 3 key steps: cut, season, and air fry. They cook in just under 30 minutes, I know it is hard, you have to wait, grab a book, and time will go by faster. Oh, and the kitchen doesn’t heat up, Mom likes that one.
- Tasty: Potato perfection with my classic ranch-based seasoning! The quick crisping of the potatoes leaves the middle tender and buttery.
- Don’t overcrowd the potatoes in the basket. It allows them to crisp more evenly.
- Keeping the potato pieces similar in size helps for even cooking.
- Don’t overthink the process. A sprinkle of your favorite spices can be all the magic you need.
- Red Potatoes
- Olive oil
- Ground black pepper
- Ranch seasoning
- Dry oregano
- Garlic powder
1. Cut and Prepare – Clean and cut the potatoes. Cut them into approximately 1-inch cubes. Place the cubed potatoes in a large mixing bowl and add oil.
2. Season – Add all the seasoning and mix to coat.
3. Air fry – Simply transfer the cut red potatoes into the air fryer basket. Cook until golden brown.
Serve immediately and Enjoy!
Get your Dad to cut the potatoes, so he still feels important. 🤣🤫
You can substitute the red potatoes with Golden or Yukon potatoes. You will need to adjust the time and temperature.
These red potatoes with my Ranch-based seasoning are a hit with us. Since potatoes are so versatile I didn’t stop there. Here are some of the other variations that I have been doing to just change it up or pair it better with our meal.
- Classic – Salt and pepper.
- Italian – I love this one when we do Smoked Sausage. It is just Italian seasoning, garlic, grated Parmigiano (parmesan), and sea salt.
- Lemon pepper – This one is that simple, just lemon pepper.
- Fun Friday – Add shredded cheese towards the end of the air frying. I do it with 5 minutes to go and add bacon bits with chives, YUM!
- Mixing bowl
- Air fryer
Storage / Rewarm
Storage: If you have some leftovers, simply let them cool off. Then store in the fridge in an airtight container for 3 – 4 days.
Rewarm: You guessed it…use the air fryer at 350 degrees F. for about 5 minutes. You could also put them in a skillet with some oil on low heat for about 5 minutes as well. Oh, then whisk some eggs and pour over the top for potato scrambled eggs.
What I do is at the end of the air frying, about 5 minutes to go, add grated cheese. Monterey Jack is my favorite and now you have potato nachos, just like my air fryer nachos.
I use sautéing olive oil. Any oil used for high-heat cooking will work.
Yes. Go with an Italian, garlic and herb, or even taco for a spicier version.
Looking for more fun air fryer recipes
Check out some of our favorites:
Air Fryer Red Potatoes
- Air Fryer
- 4 cups cubed red potatoes
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon Ranch dressing seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dry oregano
- ½ teaspoon Paprika
- ⅛ teaspoon thyme
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
Cut and Prepare
- Clean the potatoes and cut them into pieces, approximately 1-inch cubes.
- Place the cubed potatoes into a large mixing bowl and add oil. Mix to coat all potatoes.
- Sprinkle all the spices over the potatoes and mix until the pieces are coated.
- Transfer the coated pieces to the air fryer basket.
- Cook in the air fryer at 380 degrees F. for 14 minutes, this should be about halfway.
- Shake the basket and cook for an additional 14 minutes or until the potatoes are golden. They will be crispy on the outside and soft on the inside.
- Want Extra Crispy, just add 3 – 5 minutes more.
- Serve immediately and Enjoy!
- I did the red potatoes in a 5.8 qt basket-style air fryer. If you use a different type you may need to adjust the time and temperature.
- A trick Mom told me to check the potatoes’ doneness is to poke one with a fork. If the fork goes in easily, they are done.