Enjoy these honey-roasted pistachios as a sweet treat. The combination of honey to these healthy little seeds, yup they are seeds, is the perfect snack. Pistachios have wonderful healthy properties that make them a favorite for us.
Pistachios are a food staple that goes back into antiquity to more than 6500 BC. Now let’s fast-forward to the 21st Century with this easy air fryer recipe. You can make this ancient seed into a tasty snack you feel good about. Pistachios enjoy a dry hot summer and a cool winter but don’t we all.
I have a blast with the air fryer, no pun intended, roasting nuts and seeds. Grab a bag at your local grocery store and you can start creating. This is my 5th recipe. The other four Roasted Cashews, Chocolate Roasted Almonds, Roasted Peanuts, and Honey Roasted Pecans didn’t last long. The crew devoured them all, a good thing it only takes about 15 minutes to make and that forever 15 minutes to cool off. This recipe is so straightforward you have to give it a whirl. I know it will be a favorite for the pistachio lovers in your home.
Fun Facts About Pistachios
One of the fringe benefits of sharing these recipes with you is I get to learn more about the food I am sharing with you. Here are some fun facts about pistachios. First, as I shared early technically they are seeds by the botanical definition. Secondly, the two largest producers are the USA and Iran, each producing over 330,000 tonnes a year (FAOSTAT of the United Nations). Third, their habitat does need to be dryer. I won’t be growing a tree here by the Gulf Coast of Florida, too humid. I’ll have to stick to my fruit trees. Fourth, as the pistachio tree produces its seeds it has a natural alarm for harvest time. The seed cracks open with an actual popping noise. Finally, the pistachio tree has the potential to live as long as 300 years. What do you say we take a look at how we make those honey-roasted pistachios?
- Pistachios, no shells, 3 cups
- Olive oil, 1 tablespoon
- Honey, 2 tablespoons
- Salt, 1/2 teaspoon
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the pistachios and the oil together until the pistachios are coated.
- Pour the honey over the mixture and with a wooden spoon mix until the honey coats the pistachios
- Sprinkle the salt and mix it in.
- Pour the pistachios mixture into the air fryer basket and on manual setting cook for 5 minutes at 320 degrees F.
- Shake the basket and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Pour the pistachios into a cookie sheet and spread them evenly to allow them to cool and crisp up.
- Store into an airtight container until ready to enjoy.
Easy Honey-Roasted Pistachios in the air fryer
- Air Fryer
- Mixing Bowl
- 3 cups no shell pistachios
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ½ teaspoon salt
- In a large mixing bowl, pour pistachios, olive oil, and honey and mix until the pistachios are all coated.
- Sprinkle the salt over the mixture and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into the air fryer basket.
- Cook in the air fryer, on manual setting, at 320 degrees F for 5 minutes.
- Mix the pistachios really well and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Pour the pistachios into a cookie sheet and spread them evenly to allow them to cool and crisp up a bit.
- Keep in an airtight container until you are ready to enjoy.