Crispy breaded mushroom bites in the air fryer are the perfect appetizers. Made with mushrooms, bread crumbs, and your favorite spices they cook in the air fryer in minutes. The light crust on the outside and the soft warm mushroom bite on the inside make this a great addition to any main course.
Crispy Breaded Mushroom Bites & Cooking with the air fryer
Cooking with the air fryer has made my life a lot simpler. It is a good fit for my family of four. It is quick, easy, simple, and so tasty. The air fryer makes my meal planning a breeze. It allows me to play with flavors and it’s quick. The air fryer can tackle appetizers, baking, breakfast, dessert, main courses, and my favorite snacks. This is my first appetizer post but there is a lot in the test kitchen. Adding these air-fried mushrooms as an appetizer or part of the main course is a tasty and quick addition to your summer meals.
Don’t forget dessert. As soon as the air fryer basket cools, you can simply wipe it out. Now you are ready to make one of the Kitchen Bucket List’s Air Fryer desserts: Cinnamon Balls or Funfetti Cake. The air fryer can do even more than you realize. Let me show you how much fun it is to create with it. These are some of my favorite snack & breakfast recipes: Roasted Peanuts; Roasted Cashews & Nutella Granola; Mini Cinnamon Rolls. I want you to have fun, so use these recipes to make something extraordinary for yourself, your family, and your friends.
Summer means a lot more appetizers
Summer is the time when we eat a lot more appetizers and lite meals. It is hot and we are not in the mood for a heavy meal. Making appetizers in the air fryer turns out to be a time-saver for us. Combine one of my snacks, Honey Roasted Pecans, with a salad or a lite pasta then savor the magic. Don’t forget my Biscuit dough Pizza with a salad and everybody is having a deliciously quick meal. You can even cook more and more frozen food items from the grocery store. French fries of course but cheese sticks are just perfectly done in the air fryer.
Ingredients to make these breaded mushroom bites
- Whole white mushrooms
- Unbleached all-purpose flour
- Plain bread crumbs
- Onion powder
- Ground pepper
- Italian seasoning
How to make breaded mushroom bites in the air fryer
- Clean and slice the mushrooms. I cut each mushroom into a third. You should get about 4 cups
- In a separate tray pour flour. Set aside
- Whisk the eggs in a breading tray. Set aside.
- In the last tray pour the breadcrumbs and the spices. Mix until combined.
- Roll a mushroom slice into the flour until completely covered.
- Dip the floured mushroom into the eggs and covered them completely.
- Roll the mushroom slice into the seasoned bread crumbs until it is evenly coated.
- Put in the air fryer basket.
- Repeat steps 5 to 8 for each mushroom slice.
- Cook in the air fryer at 250 degrees F for 13 to 15 minutes or until the mushrooms have a light crust on them.
- Serve and Enjoy!
- The whole white mushrooms can be substituted with your favorite ones.
- The breading trays are a big help for me. They can be easily replaced by any shallow bowls or deep plates. It will work perfectly, as well.
- I like to use plain bread crumbs so I can season it as I want, however, a seasoned breadcrumb of your choice will work just as well.
Breading can take some time. First you coat the mushroom slice in flour, then in egg and finish with breadcrumbs. The result will be worth it, evenly coated on all sides.
Crispy breaded mushroom bites in the air fryer
- Air Fryer
- 1 lb whole white mushrooms about 4 cups when sliced
- ½ unbleached all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- ½ breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Clean and slice the mushrooms. It will lead to approximately 4 cups.
- In your first breading tray pour the flour. Set aside
- In your second breading tray or shallow bowl, whisk the eggs. Set aside
- In your last tray, mix breadcrumbs and all seasonings until blended and set aside.
- Start by completely coating a slice of mushroom in flour, then the eggs, and finish with breadcrumb mixture.
- Put the coated mushroom slice in the air fryer basket. Don't overcrowd the basket as the air needs to circulate to properly cook the mushrooms.
- Repeat steps 5 and 6 until you have coated all the mushroom slices.
- Cook in the Air Fryer at 250 degrees F for 13 to 15 minutes or until the mushrooms have a nice crust but nice and tender inside.
- Serve and enjoy with your favorite dip.