This Chocolate Chip Bread Pudding is the best of both worlds. The top layer is perfectly crisp with a golden buttery crunch. The pudding’s mixture gives every bite the ideal sweetness of a childhood treat.
This recipe is simple using French bread, eggs, milk, and brown sugar, which makes it more convenient and straight from your pantry. Now get ready to enjoy delicious chocolate chip bread pudding you can serve hot or cold with your favorite toppings.
You can add, or substitute a lot of the ingredients to make it suitable for any occasion.
- Brown sugar
- Salted butter
- French baguette
- Chocolate chips
Scroll down to the recipe card for quantities.
You have a lot of options below. Remember to keep the wet and dry ingredients close to equal.
You can adjust this recipe to your taste, so have fun and enjoy…
- Milk– almond or oat milk
- Brown sugar – granulated sugar
- Salted butter – unsalted
- French Baguette – any bread of your liking, sourdough, ciabatta, dinner rolls …
- Holidays– Add crushed candy canes and top off with a whole one. Valentine’s Day, add cut strawberries and of course, have one on top. Saint Patrick’s Day, add in a splash of Baileys Irish Cream. On the 4th of July, you can add a berry mixture.
- Deluxe – Add cinnamon to the milk mixture, chopped pecans with the bread, pour maple syrup over the top, and why not some whipped cream.
- Kid-friendly – Get those little hands to help you and have them pick their favorite chocolate bar. Just cut it into bite-sized pieces.
Other Fun Air Fryer Recipes
Cinnamon Tortilla Chips and Apple Pie Dip It will fill your kitchen with incredible aromas of cinnamon and apple. A tasty snack or light dessert right from the air fryer.
Ninja Foodi Chocolate Muffins Finished in under an hour. You are going to love these muffins with plenty of chocolate chips.
Chocolate Roasted Almonds are crunchy, sweet, chocolately, and roasted in under 15 minutes.
Cinnamon Balls sweet and flaky made with biscuit dough. The perfect comfort food for a easy treat.
- Air fryer
- Ramekins (Heatproof bowls)
Yes. I used the baguette because I like the crust and the crumb of the bread. After soaking it, the bread gains all the tasty flavors and holds its structure. You can use a different bread, just remember how it will react to being soaked. Additionally, whatever bread you use is better if it is at least a day old.
This bread pudding is excellent warm or at room temperature. Of course, you can have fun with it by sprinkling it with powdered sugar, adding a drizzle of caramel or chocolate sauce, and topping it off with ice cream.
They are very similar in the way they are made and cooked, just different flavorings. Bread pudding is sweeter and usually served as dessert. French toast casserole will be served for breakfast or brunch and usually topped with berries.
Storage & Reheat
- Refrigerator – In an air-thigh container for 2 to 3 days. If it is left in the ramekin use a plastic film to cover it.
- Freezer – I would not recommend doing this.
- Reheat – From the fridge take the ramekin to room temperature then put it in the air fryer at 350 degrees F. for about 5 minutes or until the desired temperature.
Chocolate Chip Bread Pudding
- Air Fryer
- 4 Ramekins (Heatproof bowls)
- 1 ¼ cup milk
- ½ cup brown sugar (packed)
- 4 tablespoons salted butter (melted)
- 1 egg
- 1 French baguette (5 cups, cut into bite-sized pieces)
- ⅓ cup chocolate chips
- Butter 4 ramekins.
- Whisk together brown sugar, melted butter, egg, and milk in a mixing bowl.
- Add the pieces of bread. Gently push down so they get soaked with the egg/milk mixture.
- Add some chocolate chips and mix.
- Divide the soaked bread into the 4 prepared ramekins.
- Air Fry on manual setting at 330 degrees F. for 12 minutes.
- Serve and Enjoy!