Crispy and evenly cooked Air Fryer Waffle Fries are a breeze to do right out of the bag. Better yet you can add a few spices or your favorite seasoning to make them your own “WoW” waffle fries.
This post may contain affiliate links, please read the disclaimer policy.
We love having fun with the air fryer and waffle fries let us do that so easily. You can have a ton of fun with different seasoning. In this post, we keep it straightforward by just adding a touch more salt. For some more great ideas to season the fries head down to Variations.
- Frozen waffle fries
- Oil (optional)
Keep reading down to the recipe card for specific quantities.
1. Seasoned or out of the bag – The air fryer waffle fries are great right out of the bag or you can season them.
To season, pour the frozen fries in a bowl then coat with olive oil. Next, you add a sprinkle of salt/seasoning to flavor.
2. Air Fry – Place the fries in the basket and spread evenly. Set the air fryer on manual at 390 degrees F. for 8 minutes and shake halfway through.
3. Crispier – Simply add 2 minutes.
4. Serve and Enjoy!
Head down to the recipe card for quantities and specific instructions.
Hint: When you use a seasoning packet, like Ranch, sprinkle a little on then mix, and repeat. It is a better way to evenly coat the waffle fries.
This is our base air fryer recipe for seasoning the waffle fries. Below you will find some of our favorite variations:
- Simple – Simple is sometimes the best way to go. Salt, pepper, and a pinch of garlic powder.
- Ranch – We should call this comfort food, Ranch is one of Karina’s favorite seasonings. Coat the frozen fries with olive oil and sprinkle some Ranch dressing over the top.
- Spicy – OK, not too much for us! Add some paprika or lemon pepper and add a dash of salt. To really crank up the heat use a dash, a small one, of cayenne pepper. We have to keep an eye on Sean if he does the batch… he is known to spice it way up.
This recipe was done in a 5.8 qt. basket-style air fryer. If you are using a different size or type, the recipe will give you a good baseline to work from for your air fryer. Remember the time and temperatures may vary.
Storage / Rewarm
- Storage: You can keep them in an airtight container in the fridge for 2 – 3 days.
- Rewarm: Super easy, just pop them back in the air fryer at 350 degrees F. for 3 – 4 minutes.
We have cooked all types of fries with and without oil. It really comes down to a personnel choice. We find it allows the seasoning to adhere better. Most frozen fries are already coated in oil.
Absolutely, they are excellent reheated in the air fryer on a manual setting at 350 degrees F. for 3-4 minutes
Sean likes to do them that way for his lunch. He does a single serving and halfway through flips the fries over.
Looking for other quick and easy air fryer recipes? Try these:
Just a few ideas on what to have the waffle fries with:
What is your favorite seasoning on your waffle fries?
Tell us below in the comments.
Air Fryer Waffle Fries
- 5.8 qt. Basket-style air fryer
- 2 cups frozen waffle fries
- 1 tablespoon oil (Optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt to your liking, or seasoning (Optional)
Seasoned or out of the bag
- You can simply pour 2 cups of frozen waffle fries right into the basket, and skip down to Air Fry.
- Salted: Pour 2 cups of fries into a bowl and coat with 1 tablespoon of olive. Then just sprinkle 1 teaspoon of salt and mix to coat.
- Seasoned: If you choose to season, pour the frozen waffle fries into a bowl then pour olive oil to coat. Sprinkle your seasoning to coat the fries, about 1 teaspoon.NOTE: If you use a seasoning packet sprinkle a little on then mix, and repeat. It is a better way to evenly coat them.
- Place the waffle fries in the basket and spread evenly.NOTE: This allows the air to cook the fries more evenly.
- Place the basket back in the air fryer on manual setting at 390 degrees F. for 8 minutes and shake halfway through.
- Simply add 2 minutes for crispier fries.
- Serve and Enjoy!