A recipe that was kept secret until 2020, when Doubletree by Hilton decided to release their chocolate chip cookie recipe. This is not your typical recipe, soft and chewy, these cookies are so much more than just an ordinary chocolate chip cookie. It is an explosion of different flavors and textures that everyone can enjoy.
Why we love these cookies
Making cookies for us is a family event. There is never any need to ask for help when it comes to cookie-making time. The flavor combinations are endless. When Hilton released their “Doubletree” recipe in 2020, we had to make it. Chocolate chip is our comfort food cookie, how could it even get any better. Hilton’s secret combination of ingredients did. Once we had our first bite, we knew we had found our ultimate chocolate chip cookie. It is an amazing recipe that can be easily adapted to your family’s needs.
Doubletree Cookies Ingredients
At first sight, these cookies look like a typical chocolate chip cookie with ingredients like
- Sugar (granulated and Brown Sugar)
- Vanilla extract
- Baking soda
- and the hero ingredient chocolate chips
But what makes these Doubletree cookies so amazing are these extra ingredients
- Lemon juice
How to make these cookies
Don’t get overwhelmed with the ingredients, it only requires a few steps to make these cookies
Step 1: In the bowl of a stand-up mixer, cream together the butter, sugar, and brown sugar until all incorporated and you have a light fluffy mixture.
Step 2: Add in the eggs, vanilla extract, lemon juice, and mix at low speed until the ingredients are all blended. Scrap the sides of the bowl and mix for an additional 2 minutes until the mixture is light and fluffy.
Step 3: In a separate bowl, mix the flour, oats, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon together until all blended.
Step 4: Add the chocolate chips and the walnuts to the flour and mix until they are coated.
Step 5: Slowly incorporate the flour mixture in 2 increments into the buttery mixture and mix at low speed until blended, but do not overmix.
step 6: With a medium cookie scoop, I like using the OXO 1 1/2 tablespoon and scoop the dough into balls, and put it in the air fryer basket.
Step 7: Cook in the air fryer on manual setting at 300 degrees F for 8 to 9 minutes until the cookies have a golden edge.
Step 8: Let the cookie cool in the basket for a few minutes then transfer to a cooling rack.
- Do not overcrowd the air fryer basket as the cookie will spread out.
- You can freeze the raw dough. The best way is to make the balls, put them on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and freeze for 30 minutes. Then transfer to a bag or a freezer-safe container back into the freezer for up to 2 months.
- When ready to use the frozen dough, take the frozen cookie dough place it into the air fryer basket and cook for 7 to 9 minutes at 300 degrees F.
- You can bake the cookies in the oven at 300 degrees F for 20 to 23 minutes or until the cookies have a golden edge.
- We prefer to use raw sugar than the recipe’s granulated sugar. Hilton does not specify the flour, we use unbleached all-purpose. We prefer old-fashioned oats to the recipe’s rolled oats. Additionally, we have made it with 1-minute oats as a substitute.
are you looking for more baking recipes
DoubleTree Hotel Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Air Fryer
- Mixing Bowls
- 1 cup softened salted butter
- ¾ cup raw sugar I prefer to use raw sugar, but you can use granulated sugar
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2¼ cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- ½ cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2⅔ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1¾ cups chopped walnuts
- In the bowl of a stand-up mixer, cream together the butter, sugar, and brown sugar on medium speed until you have a light fluffy mixture.
- At low speed, add in the eggs, vanilla extract, the lemon juice and blend until all incorporated. Then increase speed to medium and mix for an additional 2 minutes until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- In a separate mixing bowl, mix the flour, oats, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon together until all blended.
- Whisk into the flour mixture the chocolate chips and the walnuts until they are coated.
- Slowly incorporate the flour mixture into the buttery mixture and mix at low speed until blended, but do not overmix.
- With a medium cookie scoop, scoop the dough into balls and place it in the air fryer basket.
- Cook in the air fryer on a manual setting at 300 degrees F for 8 to 9 minutes until the cookies has a golden edge
- Let the cookie cool in the basket for a few minutes then transfer to a cooling rack.
- If you don’t want to cook all the dough, scoop the raw dough into balls and freeze. When you need to cook them, just place the frozen dough into the air fryer basket and cook at 300 for 8 to 9 minutes.